Lawyers may find significant differences between the security and service features offered in cloud-based products developed specifically for the legal community and those developed for the general public. These differences in features may be evident in the service level agreements (SLAs) provided by non-legal industry vendors, who may not understand the importance of confidentiality and security in the context of a law practice.
Accordingly, throughout this article we point to those products designed specifically for legal professionals, which have made a more concerted effort to ensure that their policies and SLAs address the practical and ethical concerns of a law practice. Of course, you should conduct your own due diligence before engaging with any of these services, to satisfy that your own security and confidentiality issues are appropriately addressed.
A marriage, which has already been mutually solemnized, can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, Or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is valid in cases where couples are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or they have adopted these religions. On the other hand if the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Further, marriage can be solemnised between any two persons (often when they are of different religion or nations) under the provisions of the Special Marriage Act, 1954 ` `
Marriage under the special Marriage Act -1954
Documents required for Court marriage under Special Marriage Act:-
- Application form / Notice duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties (Matriculation Certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate).
- Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO, Police Station).
- Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving:
- Date of birth.
- Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee.
- Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act (See at end to know the meaning of prohibited relationship).
- Parties intent to marry with each others .
- Passport size photographs of both parties (3 copies each) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- In case of a foreign national, a no objection certificate from the concerned Embassy regarding his / her present status.
- Some countries insist for proof of proceeding of civil marriage & marriageablity certificate of Indian fiancee before granting visa to a foreign national to visit / stay in India for marriage.
- Foreign national who intent to stay in India for long time after marriage should know before marriage about grant of citizenship of India and about profession / tax liability.
Criminal law governs crimes, including felonies and misdemeanors. Crimes are generally referred to as offenses against the state. The standard of proof for crimes is “beyond a reasonable doubt.” For information on particular crimes or issues surrounding the criminal law.
Search Warrant: In the simplest terms, a search warrant is a warrant authorizing law enforcement officials to search for objects or people involved in the commission of a crime and to produce them in court; the warrant describes the locations where the officials may search. For law enforcement officers to procure an arrest warrant, they must provide probable cause of a crime or evidence of a crime to a magistrate.
What is an accessory after the fact?A common charge in criminal procedure television shows, like “Law and Order,” is accessory after the fact. In short, an accessory after the fact is someone who, knowing that a felon has already committed a crime, helps the felon avoid arrest or trial. For example, if your friend knocked off a 7/11 and you hid him in the basement to help him avoid the police, you’d be an accessory after the fact. To be guilty as an accessory after the fact, however, the criminal actor must have committed a felony; you cannot be an accessory after the fact to a misdemeanor offense.
NOTE:- Please bring all original documents at the time of appearing before the Court of The Registrar of Marriage..